Wednesday 5 December 2007

The Advantages Of Archiving

HOORAY.
Whilst finishing off tonight's talk on Christmas Past I wanted to put in some pictures of Christmas food that we had made last year when we took a jaunt up to Harewood House in Yorkshire. We did that trip after I gave my Christmas talk last year so I wasn't able to put the pictures in the old talk.....could I find them....no! Looks like I deleted them in the grand cock up that saw this springs USA trip pictures go to the great re-cycle bin in the sky.

Anyway, in a vain attempt to find some other suitable pictures I dug out one of my archive disks and voila.....there they all were......Christmas food, USA, the lot.......phew. So the moral is everyone, if you value your digital data then make adequate archives of it.

The talk is now finished and I'm just about ready to go and give it.....if you're coming along tonight then say hello....let's just hope that the noise from the merry go round outside isn't as distracting as last year. I'm hoping that the modified talk makes sense....I can't stand showing people the same slides over and over for talk after talk, so I've made quite a few alterations to last years presentation, I just hope I can remember what I've added and removed.

A few more pictures are now up on Flickr, mostly of the deer processing that Pick and Carter undertook ready for use at Christmas.

Off to France shopping for the Christmas cookery tomorrow so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to post more pictures tomorrow......if not then Friday will have to do!

No comments: