Saturday 8 September 2007

The Oxford Symposium

So, it's bedtime on the Friday of the Oxford Symposium on Food weekend.....what to write?

In essence not much really, especially having told you that I don't do small talk, however the smattering of alcohol coursing through my veins, combined with the events of the evening mean that I feel honour bound to write something...but what to say?

Intense is probably the best word, to be honest, I'd forgotten what the symposium is like....a chance to catch up with friends and to meet new ones, but also to meet up with people for whom food is everything......which can seem a little odd for although I tend to class myself as a food historian it always seems odd to talk to people who are more 'dedicated' than I am.

So what did this evening hold? A kebab in Oxford along with a pint (or two in the Turf Tavern, Oxfords oldest pub), followed by a long session helping out the American Friends of the Symposium making Papal indulgences ready for sale?!?!

I'm not sure if tomorrow can top that

No comments: